Our party has already warned the American Administration against carrying out the order to execute President Saddam Hussein and his comrades and has affirmed that that would be the most serious of the red lines that the American Administration must not cross. Today after the confirmation by the so-called appeals court of the verdict of execution of the President and his comrades, our party warns once again of what the execution of this sentence will mean for the situation in Iraq and for America itself. The whole world knows that the final say is in the hands of the American Administration and not in the hands of the stooge government in Baghdad. The most recent proof of that is the arrest by American forces of two Iranian emissaries who came to Iraq at the invitation of Talibani whom America calls the president of Iraq!
The American Administration must be clear about the following:
1. The one who holds primary responsibility for any harm that might be done to the President [Saddam Hussein] is the American Administration because it is the final decision maker and not the puppet government in Baghdad. Therefore the theatrics that have been called a trial are nothing but America’s way of putting the onus of the crime of executing [Saddam Hussein] on the stooge government.
2. The execution of the President [Saddam Hussein] and his comrades will make further negotiations between the Resistance and the Baath on the one hand and the occupation on the other impossible; the US forces in Iraq will be regarded as hostages to be slowly destroyed and not allowed to withdraw peacefully.
3. The Baath and the Resistance are determined to respond with all means and in every place that will hurt America and its interests.
4. We reiterate our warning to Iran and in particular to its real president Khamenei and urge him to consider and study this situation and not cause any more Iraqi blood to be shed because our response will be in the heart of Iran and will extend to its head.
5. As to those lackeys who were charged with playing the roles of judge and appeals court, the people of Iraq will bring them to justice from wherever they might flee and no place will be safe for them. Those who protect them will be held directly responsible. They are traitors to their homeland by all internationally recognized standards because they have served the occupation and were tools in its hands, carrying out their dirty work against the people of Iraq and its legitimate national leadership.
6. Our Party affirms that the execution will not weaken the armed revolution but will only inflame it further and expand its scope, adding new recruits to it while placing on the shoulders of the American Administration the responsibility for the killing of even more of their soldiers.
7. Carrying out the verdict of execution can only be regarded as an American step to increase the unrest and aggravate further the deterioration of services in Iraq after near unanimity has been reached among its people expressed in various telegrams of Iraqi tribal shaykhs, popular and trades union organizations representing all shades of the Iraqi people who have called for the return of the President [Saddam Hussein] to power as the one guarantee of an immediate return of security and stability to Iraq. Therefore, carrying out the execution can only be interpreted as America’s insistence that the chaotic situation continue to worsen.
Masses of our great Iraqi people,
These are the days of the decisive confrontation. The occupation whose plans have collapsed and failed wants now to complete its sabotage activity before it is expelled by planting the seeds of acts of blood revenge among Iraqis that will go on for decades. The practice of killing simply on the basis of the religious identification listed on people’s ID cards is a clear sign of what this American plan consists in – a plan in which Iran is directly involved. The implementation of the execution is also a part of that plan because America will be departing defeated and humiliated from Iraq tomorrow, but it will leave the stooges it has commissioned to commit crime in Iraq. If they flee, they will be brought to justice because America will toss them into the trash can after they have finished up the criminal activity they have been ordered to carry out. We call on the masses of our people to be vigilant and ready to meet the demands of the situation if the execution is carried out. We call on all Iraqi patriots to confront this issue because it does not concern the Baath Party alone, but all of Iraq, since the President is the legal president of Iraq and his execution would be the fruit of his sincerity for Iraq and his refusal to abandon its interests and Iraqi Arab identity. We call on the Arab masses in their political parties and popular organizations and those governments that are concerned with Arab destiny to take a unified stance against this measure which will never serve the Arab Nation but will only be of service to Iran, colonialist America, and world Zionism that has never and will never forget that Saddam Hussein was the first one to strike it with strategic rockets, putting an end to its theory of security. It would also be because he was the one Arab president who continued to uphold the rights of Palestine and the Palestinian people, refusing to bargain over them in return for staying in power. He took on a heavy burden by refusing to conclude any agreement with America and Israel at the expense of the cause of Palestine and Iraq’s economic independence, which is the material basis for any political independence.
Let us sharpen our forces and prepare ourselves for decisive battles in the near future, with the help of God. May the banner of rescuing the President and his comrades fly high and strong in the skies of Iraq and the Arab Nation.
Long Live Saddam Hussein, a symbol of the struggle, steadfastness, dignity, and courage of the Arab Nation!
Long live the heroic Iraqi Resistance, the great hope for the liberation of Iraq from the occupation!
Long live the Unity of all the jihadi fighting organizations in Iraq!
Shame on America and its lackeys!
Long live the unity of the Arab patriotic forces!
Iraqi Regional Cultural and Informational Office,
26 December 2006.
Translated by Muhammad Abu Nasr